Symphony® & Harmony™ Breast Milk Initiation Kit - Sterile
Helping parents achieve their breast milk feeding goals is a powerful tool for developing trust and improving health outcomes. When used with the Symphony PLUS® breast pump, Medela’s sterile breast pump sets (kits) support the three stages of milk production: Initiate.Build.Maintain ™. Medela offers several breast pump set options that can be used throughout the entire pumping experience and are designed to meet individual hospital and patient needs.
Item # 67355S
Kit Features & Benefits
- Sterile breast pump set for use with all Symphony Breast Pumps, for single or double pumping*: Ready to use right out of the package, and enables single or double pumping with all Symphony Breast Pump models. Medela researchers found that double pumping obtains 18% more milk on average, compared to single pumping.**
- Two sets of PersonalFit™ PLUS breast shields (24 mm and 27 mm): The PersonalFit PLUS is a groundbreaking new breast shield design. This pump set offers two different size breast shields to accommodate individual needs and offers greater flexibility and comfort during the various stages of nursing. Learn more at MedelaPersonalFitPLUS.com
- Two sets of collection containers (35 mL and 80 mL): Ideal for setting proper expectations of initial milk production. The 35 mL colostrum container and 80 mL collection container feature a curved bottom to minimize the loss of breast milk during transfer to a syringe.
- Harmony® Handle: Includes a Harmony handle for a manual pump option from hospital to home. The unique ergonomic handle is designed with our 2-Phase Expression® technology, which mimics a baby’s natural sucking rhythm.
- Cleanable and reusable: Reusable between the same user, eliminating the need to use multiple pumping sets.
- Packaged in a sturdy tray: The sturdy tray packaging doubles as an in-patient wash basin. It is transparent so contents are easily visible, has easy to open Tyvek, and is made from recyclable material.
- All parts that touch breast milk made without natural rubber latex, BPA or DEHP: Safe for patients and their babies.
The Symphony and Harmony Breast Milk Initiation Kit is the ideal breast pump set for supporting healthcare professionals and families. It contains everything needed for families to double pump with a Symphony breast pump. Medela researchers found that double pumping obtains 18% more milk on average, compared to single pumping. It also includes a Harmony handle for a manual pump option for hospital and home, or can be used to help draw out inverted nipples to support latching. The collection containers are smaller in size to help set the proper expectations of initial milk production and are designed with a curved bottom to minimize the loss of breast milk when transferring to a syringe. There are two sets of different size PersonalFit PLUS breast shields to accommodate individual needs and offer greater flexibility and comfort during the various stages of nursing. The PersonalFit PLUS is a groundbreaking new breast shield design proven to obtain more milk in the same time compared to the standard design. This breast pump set is sterile, making it ready to use right out of the packaging. The rigid tray packaging can double as a wash basin, ensuring there is a clean dedicated basin for families to wash pump parts in the hospital.
*Designed to be used with the Symphony and Symphony PLUS Breast Pump only. Not compatible with Medela Personal Use Breast Pumps.
**Prime DK et al. Breastfeed Med. 2012; 7(6):442-447
- (1) Harmony Handle
- (1) Diaphragm Stem with O-Ring
- (2) 24 mm PersonalFit™ PLUS Breast Shields
- (2) 27 mm PersonalFit™ PLUS Breast Shields
- (2) PersonalFit Connectors
- (2) Valves
- (4) Membranes
- (2) Symphony Membranes Caps and Protective Membranes
- (2) Tubing with Adapters
- (2) 35 mL Colostrum Containers and Lids
- (2) 80 mL Containers and Lids
- (1) Instruction for Use Document
Important: Plastic bottles and component parts become brittle when frozen and may break when dropped. Also, bottles and component parts may become damaged if mishandled, e.g. dropped, over-tightened, or knocked over. Take appropriate care in handling bottles and components. Do not use the breast milk if bottles or components become damaged.
Purchasable in case quantity only Unit weight: 0.8 lbs Unit dimensions/ package: 3.54" x 11.61" x 9.57" Case weight: 10.1 lbs Case dimensions/packaging: 18.31" x 20.19" x 12.25"
Warranty: 90 days. Please contact Medela Customer Service for warranty replacement.
COO: Manufactured exclusively for Medela LLC. Components from U.S.A., China and Switzerland.
Warning: Breast pump kits are a personal care item intended for use by a single user only and should not be shared between users