Symphony PLUS® Breast Pump
Symphony PLUS® is a hospital-grade (multi-user) breast pump designed for daily use and engineered with Initiation Technology™ proven to help mothers initiate, build, and maintain their breast milk supply and provide the benefits of human milk to their preterm or term infant.
Item # 0240215
Symphony Plus Features & Benefits
- Initiation Technology™: Used soon after birth can significantly increase breast milk production. INITIATE program contains a mixture of stimulation phases, an expression phase and a pause phase.
- 2-Phase Expression® technology: Can be used by all mothers to help build and maintain milk production. MAINTAIN program can be used to build upon initiation and maintain their milk production.
- Convenient: Single or double pumping.
- Two separate, independent membrane units: Allows switching between single and double pumping by simply applying or removing the second collection kit to the breast.
- Let-down button: Moms can easily return to stimulation by pressing the let-down button.
- Initiate and maintain milk supply: If direct breastfeeding is not possible, as well as collect breast milk at work or during other absences from the baby.
- Hospital grade (multi-user): The pump's kit is separate from the pumping mechanism and protected from overflow by a specially designed membrane.
Symphony PLUS Professional Product In-service
Medela’s Symphony PLUS® Breast Pump is a hospital grade (multi-user) breast pump designed to support your efforts to help mothers provide the life-giving benefits of human milk. Using the PLUS soon after birth can significantly increase mother’s milk supply* and helps mothers produce more milk.
Successful initiation is essential for building and maintaining milk supply during your patients’ breastfeeding journeys. Symphony PLUS helps moms of preterm or term infants initiate, build, and maintain their breast milk production, even if direct breastfeeding is not yet possible.
The PLUS initiation program closely mimics the pattern during the first few days of lactation, when an infant sucks more irregularly – with rapid sucks and longer pauses. Symphony PLUS comes with one card providing two programs to help your moms initiate, build, and maintain their milk supply. With the ability to easily accommodate multiple users, Symphony is a uniquely designed electric pump featuring two separate membrane units for convenient, ultra-easy switching between single and double pumping, based on mom’s preference.
Built with innovation in mind, Symphony PLUS’s breast pump kit (sold separately) is fully independent from its pumping mechanism and protected from milk overflow through a specially designed membrane (known as a closed system, or what Medela refers to as Overflow Protection). Comfortable pumping and whisper-quiet operation provide discretion and an enhanced pumping experience, so every mom patient can begin her breastfeeding journey strong.
With PLUS, mothers that exclusively pump can express enough milk to support an exclusive human milk diet for their infant.
* Meier,P.P., Engstrom,J.L., Janes,J.E., Jegier,B.J., & Loera,F. Breast pump suction patterns that mimic the human infant during breastfeeding: Greater milk output in less time spent pumping for breast pump-dependent mothers with premature infants. J Perinatol 32, 103–110 (2012).
- 1 - Symphony breast pump
- 1 - Symphony PLUS Program Card
- 1 - container stand
- 1 - quick start card
- 1 - protector for card/cord
- Unit Weight: 7.05 lbs
- Unit Size/Packaging: 10 1/4 x 8 1/4 x 12 1/2
- 3 year limited
When the Symphony message reads, "invalid card" it could mean that the card in the pump is not the correct program card; the card could be damaged or the card is not inserted correctly.
Unplug the pump and remove the card. Check the card to make sure it is the correct card and also check for damage. Replace if necessary. Make sure the card is inserted in the direction of the arrows and the arrows are visible.
Plug in the pump and press the let-down button and the power button at the same time. Hold for several seconds and release. Try the pump again. If this does not correct the problem, the pump would need to be sent back the rental station for return to Medela.
Use the individual setting and press the "let-down" button to directly use the expression mode.
The button all the way to the left is the on/off button. The knob in the center of the unit controls the suction and speed. The button all the way to the right is the "let down" button. This button interrupts the first phase (stimulation phase) so you can go right to the expression phase without waiting for the 2 minute stimulation phase to end.
The Symphony automatically shuts off after 30 minutes with both battery and electric operation.